Q + A
What does Mushpa + Mensa mean?
How did Mushpa + Mensa start?
What is Mushpa + Mensa’s philosophy?
Do you design and print your 100% organic cotton, super fly tees?
Yes, from the beginning to the end! We draw the designs, scan and print them on transparencies, light box them onto silkscreens and print each one by hand, making each a one of a kind. We also do zig-zag stitching on the necks, arms and hem, unless requested otherwise.
Where can we find Maya, the magical mobile machine?
Do you carry other designers?
At this time we do not. We design and create all of our shirts, jewelry, pillows, plush pets, tablet cases, coffee cozies, bow ties and whatever else we may come up with. Come check out our truck to find all sort of fantabulous stuff!
Do you all do private parties or events?
Yes, you can rent Maya, the Magical Mobile Art Machine! Blow your friend’s last party away by bringing the magic to yours.
Here’s the deal:
- There is a 10 person minimum which should be no problem for someone like you. I mean you’re renting a mobile retail shop for your party. :]
- Who else can book the fantastical store on wheels? Businesses, non-profits and cool joints like bars, lounges, restaurants, hotels, yoga studios, college events, salons, spas, museums, fabric stores, wine shops, candle makers, vegan bakeries… Seriously, we’re open to all.
- We will travel from Wilmington to the Carolina beaches, the Research Triangle, the mountains, and basically anywhere in the surrounding NC states. We may be persuaded to leave the country. Let’s talk about it.
- Where can we park our sweet ride you may ask? Maya needs a minimum of 25 feet in length (around 2 car lengths) and at least 10 feet wide to park. Flat ground is preferred, be it a driveway, a legally reserved spot on a street, a parking lot or yard. The event host is responsible for providing us with this space prior to our arrival.
- There is a $50 cancellation fee if cancelled within 48 hours before the event. But honestly, why would you? ;-]
Now you know the deal, feel free to contact us here or call us at 347-566-1421 to book your event!
Do you have a dressing room so we can try on clothes before we buy them?
Yes! We have a grand dressing room with a full length mirror. Now that’s class.
Is your shop cash only?
No. We take all major credit cards as well!
How do you bring power to your shop?
Solar power. We are the only mobile retail store out there running on the sun. We figured we sell organic cotton t-shirts and tank tops with water based ink, plush pets using felt made from recycled plastic bottles, and other functional eco art, let’s keep this theme going with our truck.
Who built and designed your mobile retail truck?
Mushpa + Mensa did! We installed the solar panel and did electrical wiring, as well as building the inside structure, the interior painting and the fabulous decorating. We actually built the whole truck, and the design and research was our own with the exception of a few things. We reached out to Marco of Brooklyn Zambrand Auto, for the outside paint job. The design we drew for the outside of the truck was printed and installed by Sidney of Kreyol Graphics NYC, and the marmoluem flooring (made from “renewable materials solidified linseed oil (linoxyn), pine rosin, ground cork dust, wood flour, and mineral fillers such as calcium carbonate.”) installation was done by Pete and Dan of Harbour Flooring in Wilmington, NC.
Do you take fabric donations?
If you have containers full of fabric shoved away in your attic, buttons, craft supplies collecting dust in the back of your closet contact us and we’ll take it off your hands. We’ll use it to make amazing functional fashion, pillows, plush pets or whatever else our talent and imagination come up with. If you’re in our area we’ll pick it up, or you can drop it off wherever we are parked with Maya, our magical mobile art machine or feel free to mail it to us! :] Recycle, refurbish, re-use!
If you have any other questions, do no hesitate to ask!